Woodiz is an app that helps Carpenters buy wood at low costs. With Woodiz the carpenter saves money and can locate new suppliers. My plan was to sharpen the business goals, research target audience, create the flow and convert it into a visual concept.
Business goals, User Research, Visual Concept and PRD
Sketch, Figma, InVision, PowerPoint / Pen and Paper
An employee in a carpentry.
High technological capabilities, uses an Android smartphone in a wide range of activities.
Manages the Facebook page of the business, and responsible for acquiring.
I started this project with learning some basic terms in Carpentry. I felt that this kind of an introduction would be very helpful to me throughout the project. In addition, I wrote overviews about the industry behavior and the lower-tech competitors who rule the market.
I made personas and scenarios to characterize each user type. The accumulated information was my way to be sure I am creating a product that is truly relevant to the target audience.
After crafting the essence of the project with the entrepreneur, we wrote down the business goals of Woodiz. It was the criteria to measure and understand what we have had achieved at the end of the process.
At this stage, I focused on "how?".
With storyboards, I identified design gaps and articulated exactly what features I needed to build to make the users happy.
Then I used user journey maps to identify gaps and points in the customer experience that are disjointed or painful.
During the user's research, I gathered many insights that helped me determine the design structure of Woodiz. One of them was that quite a few carpenters prefer to work with suppliers who they have already worked with, as long as the price differentials from new suppliers are reasonable. Therefore, I have chosen to present proposals from familiar suppliers alongside new suppliers and highlighted the top two proposals of every kind. In this way, it is very easy for a carpenter to compare and decide on the feasibility of dealing with an unknown supplier.
I started sketching the app’s interface with a pencil. Just to be sure, I made a couple of combinations for each screen. You know you did a good job when it is really difficult to choose between the options.
Now let’s bring them alive! After reviewing my sketches I made wireframes to each and every screen.
Finally, The Wireframes.
* Writing the product requirements document was also one of my responsibilities in this project.